Identify the users that exist in application-
Collecting lists of Users is easy using the "List Users in a Group" API function. Pass the service the Group you are attempting to manage (AGENT, COMPANY_ADMIN) and the result set will be all users and attributes that exist for the role.
Creating or managing users is accomplished using any of the functions listed in our Users API.
Uses externa_user_id as input and results in a full user object. This data is NOT limited to just internal users and can also be used to locate consumer data tied to a specific Streem call.
POST operation allowing creation of an Agent/Admin in the Streem tool
- Email address: Email address must be UNIQUE for the company code being updated. Email must be properly formed email address will be used as an account identifier but will ALSO be used to send invitation and password details to your newly created user.
- Name: Name as it should be presented in the account (Thomas N. vs Thomas Newuser)
- User_type: This should always be "USER_TYPE_LOGIN". Other values exist but are not used at this time.
- Groups - User right group, AGENT or COMPANY_OWNER. Other variations of rights may be available in the future.
Activate and Deactivate users
These POST commands have no additional parameters and simply change the boolean "active : true | false" status for a given user_sid
PATCH operation that allows the editing of one or more User values.
Patch requires access to the user_sid (not to be confused with the external_user_id)
updates can be made to the name, email, phone, avatar_url, or rights group
- NOTE: email addresses are distinct, so attempting to update a User Email address to an email already on record for this company will result in a failure.
Deleting users is not an available action at this time due to the deep connections to calls and activities in application. Deactivating a user is the best path for removing a user from active use.
Updated about 1 year ago